Safety and security is an essential/integral part of TutorSmart. A number of features have been built into the design to ensure that a safe environment exists for all.
The aim of the site is to allow students who are still minors (-18yrs) to accept the responsibility of looking after their own lessons that they choose to give or take but with the support of Parental supervision so that the tutoring occurs in a safe environment for everyone to use.
To achieve this Parents approval is required during the registration process – for both student and Tutors that are under 18 - and all Parents are given full access to their child’s profile and activities on the site – at all times you can see everything that your child sees – You can see all other students and tutors.
- You will be notified automatically every time a lesson is booked, with all the details.
- You will be sent reminders when a lesson is going to happen and
- You will be notified when a lesson is completed.
- In-App Chat is included so you can safely communicate with each other
- Only when profiles of both tutor and student is approved will mobile numbers be exchanged. Parents too will have access to these details so that you can contact the relevant student/tutor should you want to.
- In addition, all minors that register on the site, as tutors or students, will be required to enter their school email address which will be used to verify that all minors are in fact genuine students at a registered school (This email address will never be used for communication by TutorSmart).
- Any Tutor over 18yrs using the site will have to fulfil the “working with Children” requirements and include the associated WWCC number in the profile.